Terms of Business
Contact our dedicated customer service team.
Phone: 020 8331 6470
Monday to Friday 8am-7pm
Ancaster Group Limited subscribe to the Motor Industry Code of Practice for Service and Repair through Motor Codes Limited. Motor Codes Limited, provides CTSI certified Alternate Dispute Resolution (ADR). Ancaster Group or the Customer can use the Motor Codes services to find a resolution when a customer remains dissatisfied with the outcome of a dispute in relation to service and repair.
On 1st October 2015 the ADR legislation will go live. ADR offers independent, strictly confidential advice and resolutions for both customers and businesses, outside of a court. This enables both time and cost savings. Customers and businesses are encouraged to try to resolved the dispute before approaching and ADR body.
By choosing Ancaster Group Limited you can be sure that any complaints or disputes will be handled fairly and consistently.
You can find out more information about Motor Codes and ADR here: http://www.motorcodes.co.uk/
Sales Terms and Conditions
Nothing herein contained is intended to affect, nor will it affect, a consumer's statutory rights under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 or the Unfair
Contract Terms Act 1977
1. This order and any allowance in respect of a used motor vehicle offered by the Purchaser are subject to acceptance and confirmation in writing by the Seller.
2. Any accessories fitted as new to the vehicle will be entitled to the benefit of any customer warranty given by the manufacturers of those accessories.
3. (a) The Seller will endeavour to secure delivery of the goods by the estimated delivery date (if any) but does not guarantee the time of delivery and shall not be liable for any
damages or claims of any kind in respect of delay of delivery. (The Seller shall not be obliged to fulfil orders in the sequence in which they are placed).
(b) If the Seller shall fail to deliver the goods within 21 days of the estimated date of delivery stated in this contract the Purchaser may by notice in writing to the Seller require
delivery of the goods within 7 days of receipt of such notice. If the goods shall not be delivered to the Purchaser within the said 7 days the contract may be cancelled.
4. If the contract be cancelled under the provisions of clause 3 hereof the deposit shall be retuned to the Purchaser and the Seller shall be under no further liability.
5. If the Purchaser shall fail to take and pay for the goods within 14 days of notification that the goods have been completed for delivery, the Seller shall be at liberty to treat the
contract as repudiated by the Purchaser and thereupon the deposit shall be forfeited without prejudice to the Seller's right to recover from the Purchaser by way of damages any
loss or expense which the Seller may suffer or incur by reason of the Purchaser's default.
6. The goods shall remain the property of the Seller until the price has been discharged in full. A cheque given by the Purchaser in payment shall not be treated as a discharge
until the same has been cleared.
7. Where the Seller agrees to allow part of the price of the goods to be discharged by the Purchaser delivering a used motor vehicle to the Seller, such allowance is hereby
agreed to be given and received and such used vehicle is hereby agreed to be delivered and accepted, as part of the sale of the goods and upon the following further
(a) (i) that such used vehicle is the absolute property of the Purchaser and is free from all encumbrances
or (ii) that such used vehicle is the subject of a hire purchase agreement or other encumbrance capable of cash settlement by the Seller, in which case the allowance shall
be reduced by the amount required to be paid by the seller in settlement thereof;
(b) that if the Seller has examined the said used vehicle prior to his confirmation and acceptance of this order, the said used vehicle shall be delivered to him in the same
condition as at the date of such examination (fair wear and tear excepted);
(c) that such used vehicle shall be delivered to the Seller on or before delivery of the goods to be supplied by him hereunder and the property in the said used vehicle shall
thereupon pass to the Seller absolutely;
(d) that without prejudice to (c) above such used vehicle shall be delivered to the Seller within 14 days of notification to the Purchaser that the goods to be supplied by the
Seller have been completed for delivery;
(e) that if the goods to be delivered by the Seller through no default on the part of the Seller shall not be delivered to the Purchaser within 30 days after the date of this order or
the estimated delivery date, where that is later, the allowance on the said used vehicle shall be subject to reduction by the amount not exceeding 2.5% for each completed
period of 30 days from the date of the expiry of the first mentioned 30 days, to the date of delivery to the Purchaser of the goods.
8. In the event of the non-fulfilment of any of the foregoing conditions, other than (e), the Seller shall be discharged from any obligation to accept the said used vehicle or to make
any allowance in respect thereof and the Purchaser shall discharge in cash the full price of the goods to be supplied by the Seller.
9. Notwithstanding the provisions of this agreement the Purchaser shall be at liberty before the expiry of 7 days after notification to him that the goods have been completed for
delivery to arrange for a finance company to purchase the goods from the Seller at he price payable hereunder. Upon the purchase of the goods by such finance company, the
preceding clauses of this agreement shall cease to have effect buy any used vehicle for which an allowance was thereunder agreed to be made to the Purchaser shall be
brought by the Seller at a price equal to such allowance, upon the conditions set forth in clause 7 above (save that in (c), (d) and (e) thereof all references to "delivery" or
"delivered" in relation to "the goods" shall be construed as meaning delivery or delivered by the Seller to or to the order of the finance company) and the Seller shall be
accountable to the finance company on behalf of the Purchaser for the said price and any deposit paid by him under this agreement.
10. If the goods to be supplied by the Seller are new, the following provisions shall have effect:
(a) this agreement and the delivery of the goods shall be subject to any terms and conditions which the Manufacturer or Concessionaire may from time to time lawfully attach
to the supply of the goods or the re-sale of such goods by the Seller and the Seller shall not be liable for any failure to deliver the goods occasion by his inability to obtain
from the Manufacturer or Concessionaire or by his compliance with such terms and conditions. A copy of the terms and conditions currently so attached by the
Manufacturer or Concessionaire may be inspected at the Seller's Office;
(b) the Seller undertakes that he will ensure that the pre-delivery work specified by the Manufacturer or Concessionaire is performed and that he will use his best endeavours
to obtain for the Purchaser from the Manufacturer or Concessionaire the benefit of any warranty or guarantee given by him to the Seller or to the Purchaser in respect of
the goods and save in the case of consumer sales (as defined by the Sale of Goods (Implied Terms) Act 1979) all statements conditions or warranties as to the quality of
the goods or their fitness for any particular purpose whether express or implied by law or otherwise are hereby expressly excluded.
(c) the sum payable by the Purchaser in respect thereof shall be such sum as the Seller has legally had to pay in respect of the goods and notwithstanding also the sum for
Value Added Tax specified in the order, the sum payable by the Purchaser in respect thereof shall be such sum as the Seller becomes legally liable for at the time the
taxable supply occurs.
(d) if after the date of this order and before delivery of the goods to the Purchaser the Manufacturer's or Concessionaire's recommended price for any of the goods shall be
altered, the Seller shall give notice of any such alteration to the Purchaser, and
(i) In the event of the Manufacturer or Concessionaire's recommended price for goods being increased the amount of such increase which the Seller intends to pass to
the Purchaser shall be notified to the Purchaser within 7 days of the Manufacturer or Concessionaire's announcement. The Purchaser shall have the right to cancel
the contract within 14 days of the receipt of such notice. If the Purchaser does not give notice of cancellation as aforesaid the increase in the price shall be added to
and become part of the contract price;
(ii) In the event of the recommended price being reduced the amount of such reduction, if any, which the Seller intends to allow to the Purchaser shall be notified to the
Purchaser within 7 days of the Manufacturer's/Concessionaire's announcement. If the amount allowed is not the same as the reduction of the recommended price
the Purchaser shall have the right to cancel the contract within 14 days of the receipt of such notice;
(e) in the event of the Manufacturer of the goods described in the order ceasing to make goods of that type, the Seller may (whether the estimated delivery date has arrived or
not) by notice in writing to the Purchaser, cancel the contract.
11. (a) If a used vehicle is supplied as roadworthy at the date of delivery and in the case of consumer sales (as defined by the Supply of Goods (Implied Terms) Act 1979);
(i) is sold subject to any conditions or warranties that are implied by the Supply of Goods Act 1979 or any amending statue;
(ii) prior to signing this order from the Purchaser shall examine the vehicle and the times set out in the Purchaser's Certificate of Examination overleaf and the purchaser
is reminded that the condition of merchantable quality implied by Section 14(2) of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 does not operate in relation to such defects which that
examination ought to reveal. Should the goods be sold subject to defects notified by the dealer to the Purchaser before signing the agreement, the condition of
merchantable quality above referred to does not operate in relation to those defects.
(b) Save in the case of consumer sales (as defined) all statements, conditions or warranties as to the quality of the goods or their fitness for any purpose whether expressed
or implied by law or otherwise are hereby expressly excluded.
12. If this Agreement has been concluded without any face to face contact between us or anyone acting on our respective behalves, you may give notice cancelling this
Agreement within 14 days of taking delivery of the Goods, whereupon you must either return them to us or make them available for us to collect at your expense.
You must take reasonable care of the Goods and will be responsible for any loss or damage from when they are delivered to you until when they are returned to us. If we
have agreed to accept a Part Exchange Vehicle at an agreed value in part payment of the Purchase Price, we have the option of either returning the Part ExchangeVehicle
or refunding the Part Exchange Allowance.
Aftersales Terms and Conditions
We (hereinafter called 'The Company') accept vehicles (as hereinafter defined) for repair, for examination with a view to estimating for repairs, for garaging
or pending sale or for any other purpose, only on and subject to the following terms and conditions (in addition to any conditions stated on the face
1) Estimates are effective only for 28 days after despatch. If instructions are not received from a customer (in response to an estimate rendered)
within 28 days from despatch of the estimate, the Company may charge its usual garage rates from the date the vehicle was received until its
collection. (Note:- The Company does not as a general rule make any such charge for garaging pending instructions, if the repairs are ultimately
carried out by the Company and duly paid for.)
2) (i) All estimates by the Company are based on the current cost to the Company of labour, material and spare parts at the date of estimate, and in
the event of any variation occurring before or after acceptance the Company may if it thinks fit require the Customer to pay on completion of the
work any increase due to such variation.
(ii) If no price is stated or if part only of the work covered by the estimate is carried out the Company shall be entitled to charge a reasonable and
proper price for the work done (including any stripping down leading to determination as to the practicability or otherwise of any work and
reassembly) and for materials and spare parts supplied.
(iii) If in the opinion of the Company it is impractical for any reason to carry out any of the work it is instructed to carry out it shall be entitled to refrain
from carrying out or completing such work (notwithstanding that an estimate may have been given therefor) and to carry out only such work as in
the opinion of the Company may be practicable.
3) Variation of any kind in the estimate, or the scope of the repair, or the prices chargeable, or otherwise howsoever, shall be subject to all these
conditions, and so that any such variation shall not be deemed to constitute or create a new or separate contract, and the original contract shall
remain in force, but as so varied. No act of commission or omission by the Company in relation to any vehicle shall constitute a 'deviation from
the contact', nor shall any such act disentitle the Company to the benefit of any of these Conditions.
4) Every endeavour will be made to carry out the work by the time desired, but the Company shall not be liable for any delay howsoever occasioned
and this notwithstanding that a definite date for completion may be specified.
5) Any work done or goods supplied in relation to a vehicle, by the order of any driver in the Customer's employ, or by any person who is reasonably
believed to be acting as the Customer's agent, or by the order of any person to whom the Company is entitled to make delivery of the vehicle,
shall be paid for by the Customer.
6) Payment for all repairs and/or spare parts supplied is due on completion of work, but the Company may demand a deposit before commencing
or in the course of any work. A repair is completed for the purpose of these conditions when notice has been given that the vehicle is ready for
7) Following completion of any contracted works to a vehicle, the Company reserves the right to apply lien and to hold such vehicle until all monies
due are paid in full. With respect to such vehicle the Company may exercise its rights under the Torts (Interference with Goods) Act 1977, and
ultimately proceed to sell such vehicle subject to any notice required under the said Act. In this event, the vehicle will be sold at best market price
and after the deduction of all monies due to the Company, including any incurred storage charges and costs of sale, the Company will account
for any balance.
8) If the Customer's indebtedness to the Company is not satisfied within three months from the first account rendered to the Customer, the
Company may without notice, sell the vehicle and/or the contents thereof by public auction or private treaty. The net proceeds of the sale shall
be applied towards satisfying monies due from the Customer to the Company, and any balance shall be paid by the Company to the Customer
9) Where in any case a driver who, so far as the Company is aware, has the authority to collect the vehicle, collects the same, the Company shall
not be responsible to the Customer for any loss or damage resulting, on the grounds that such driver had in fact no such authority, and this
notwithstanding that delivery may have been made without payment of the Company's account. It shall not be obligatory upon the Company to
seek confirmation of the authority of any person reasonably believed to be then, or to have been at some time connected with the Customer.
10) If a vehicle is not collected, and the Company's charges are not paid within 24 hours after the delivery of the vehicle to the Company, the
Company may charge its current storage rent at £25 a day in respect of the vehicle from the date of completion of the repairs until collection or
disposal under Section 7 hereof or as the case may be.
11) In connection with any inspection, repair, or contemplated repair, or other purposes for which a vehicle is accepted by the Company, testing,
taking the vehicle to the coachbuilders or other specialists, demonstrations, etc., the Customer is deemed, unless express notice in writing is
given to the contrary, to have authorised the driving of the vehicle on the road or elsewhere.
12) Except in the case of consumer transactions the Company is not responsible for loss or damage to vehicles or other property whatsoever
however occasioned, except when such loss or damage is caused by the negligence or deliberate act of the Company or its servants. Under no
circumstances will the Company accept liability for loss or damage outside its control or for any indirect or consequential loss or damage, except
direct physical damage to persons or property.
13) The Customer shall be entitled to the benefit of any warranty to which the Company is entitled as against the manufacturer of parts and materials
supplied or any sub-contractor. All work carried out by the Company is warranted against failure due to defective work for a period of three
months / 3000 miles, whichever occurs the first. This warranty extends only to repairs actually undertaken and does not cover progressive fault
diagnosis. It does not affect any statutory rights.
14) All parts removed by the Company in the course of repair shall, if not claimed by the Customer within 14 days after the completion of the repair
be deemed to be wholly abandoned to the Company and they shall become the Company's absolute property accordingly.
15) Any notice to the Customer posted to his last known address shall be good notice.
16) Save where the context forbids, the expression 'vehicle' wherever used in these Conditions includes car, lorry, van, trailer, caravan, invalid
carriage and cycle, and as a separate unit or otherwise, engine, axle, gearbox, clutch, generator, starter, battery, and each and every component
of a vehicle.
17) No alteration or qualification of these printed terms and conditions shall be effective unless in writing, signed on behalf of the Company by a
Director or a duly authorised officer of the Company. No other person has any authority to alter or qualify in any way the above printed conditions
or to enter into any contract for repair for any of the purposes set out in the preamble above on behalf of the Company otherwise than on such
18) Unless otherwise stated, all service work undertaken is carried out in accordance with the manufacturer's schedule.
19) If this Agreement has been concluded without any face to face contact between us or anyone acting on our respective behalves, you may give
notice cancelling this Agreement within 14 days of taking delivery of the Goods, whereupon you must either return them to us or make them
available for us to collect at your expense. You must take reasonable care of the Goods and will be responsible for any loss or damage from
when they are delivered to you until when they are returned to us.
NOTICE damage to the same except in consumer transactions when this is shown to have been caused by a
lack of reasonable care on the part of the Co
Customers are strongly advised to remove all items of value not connected with the vehicle when leaving it on the Company's premises since the
Company cannot accept liability for any loss ormpany.
Motor Industry Code of Practise for Sales, Service & Repair
Ancaster is committed to an open, transparent and fair way of doing business. We have subscribed to the Motor Industry’s Code of Practise for Sales, Service & Repair, and Committed to:
- Honest and fair services
- Open and transparent pricing
- Completing work as agreed
- Invoices that match quoted prices
- Competent and conscientious staff
- A straightforward, swift complaints procedure
Alternative Dispute Resolution
The Motor Codes Advisory and Conciliation Service will offer free impartial advice and when appropriate an Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) service that we are fully committed to in the event that you are not satisfied with the outcome of a dispute.
For further information you can visit their website at http://adr.motorcodes.co.uk or call their Consumer Advise Line: 020 7344 1651